As the Battle Bards cruise into their second hundred episodes, it’s time to cover a very long-lived fantasy MMO from 2002, Ragnarok Online. The game has an… interesting soundtrack and a devoted following in some circles, but as the crew discovered on today’s show, the score is not without its criticisms. It’s time to kick summer vacation to the curb and trumpet another parade of MMO music!
Battle Bards is a bi-weekly podcast that alternates between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Episode 101 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Aplen Rose” and “Theme of Alberta”)
- “Theme of Lutie”
- “Splendid Dreams”
- “March with Irish Whistle”
- “Dream of a Whale”
- “Sleeping Volcano”
- “Antique Cowboy”
- “Christmas in the 13th Month”
- Which one did we like best?
- Mail from Frotierkilla
- Jukebox Picks: “Meet Tiki and Mermaid” from Dragon’s Crown, “Devil’s Swing” from Bendy and the Ink Machine, “Drake’s Theme” from Uncharted
- Outro (feat. “Erebos’ Prelude”)