Oh, Temtem, things looked fine when you were waiting to go into early access. You even had a cute trailer! And then you got into early access and… wait, things were still fine. Sure, there were some hiccups, but you’re keeping on with it. Well, that story ended with reassuring happiness, huh?
Let’s see if we can keep up the happy stuff with more beta things in list format…
- Disintegration has a trailer for its technical beta starting on January 28th. If you like shooting things have a PC, PlayStation 4, or Xbox One, it’s available for you to try.
- The closed beta for Phantasy Star Online 2 will start… soon. How soon? Soon. You’ve waited this long, what’s another indeterminate length of time?
- Open beta for Legends of Runeterra (best known for not being Hearthstone because this one is explicitly owned by Chinese interests) is starting today, complete with a letter to the fan community.
- Saga of Lucimia is prepping its third closed alpha with a new launch eta for 2021.
- Last but not least, Chronicles of Elyria posted some new concept art… which in this case means “posted a photoshopped assortment of stuff together calling it concept art.” Seriously, that one’s a storm of bad decisions.
Well, maybe the end of that was more funny than good, but it’s still an assortment of beta goings-on. Want more betas? Why, just skip on down to the list below, if you’d be so kind! And if you’re playing a beta right now and want to tell us about it, or you notice something in the list that’s listed incorrectly, you can tell us about that down in the comments.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one phase one; Apocalypse early access
Bless Unleashed: Open beta
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta one
Children of Ur: Open alpha, further development merged with Eleven
Chronicles of Elyria: Pre-alpha
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha, alpha now expected in 2020
Cube World: Closed beta since September 23rd
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
Dual Universe: Alpha
ECO: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Kurtzpel: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Guardians of Ember: Open beta
Hearthstone Battleground Mode: Open beta
Inferna: Early access
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Magic: Legends: Beta testing in 2020
New World: CBT in April 2020, launching May 2020
Occupy White Walls: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Open beta
Outlaws of the Old West: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PlanetSide Arena: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha, servers offline for restructuring with SpatialOS
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Saga of Lucimia: Closed alpha
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Temtem: Early access
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha, weekly test cycle
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight Frontiers: Closed alpha, no NDA
Valiance Online: Alpha