Revival isn’t yet in closed beta or closed alpha or even really in pre-alpha, but it is letting players walk around the houses they bought as part of the game’s whole development funding model. Which is probably a good sign, since other news about Illfonic has been a bit less than positive.
Other beta news? You know it!
- If Gunslinger Stratos Reloaded is a big deal to you, you should know that its open beta has started after a delay. Just, you know, not here in the US.
- If Asker is a big deal to you, you should know that it’s also in open beta in South Korea and has a trailer animated by Gainax. Also, could we ask you what’s up with that title?
- If Star Citizen is a big deal to you, you probably don’t need to recap the development process thus far. But you might want to anyhow.
- If Eternal Crusade is a big deal to you, the good news is that its alpha will probably start earlier than planned. The bad news is that it has lost yet another big member of its development staff. This got depressing.
- If Black Desert is a big deal to you, well, write up 18 pages of beta feedback and that’ll be something. Show that you care, folks!
Oh, yes, and there is a whole list of games in testing past the break, don’t you know. Let us know in the comments if something slipped our notice!
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed.
Albion Online: Summer alpha over, closed beta en route
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean and Japanese open beta
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Das Tal: Alpha expected in 2015
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Earthrise: First Impact: Alpha but still alive
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access begins fall 2015
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: In testing; 2016 anticipated release
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Oort Online: Donor alpha
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Second closed beta, early access starts 8/26
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shadowrun Chronicles: Steam early access; launching in April
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Starriser: Taking beta signups
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Early access/backer alpha, launching Q4 2015
Tree of Life: Paid early access
Tree of Savior: English beta testing events
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
Venus Rising: Closed beta (adult/NSFW)
World of Warships: Open beta