ArcheAge shows players how the next patch will allow you to tame a dragon

    
12
roar?
Of all the flying things you can ride in the world of ArcheAge, dragons seem like they might not be the best choice. They’re pretty smart and aren’t crazy about being told what to do, and also they tend to breathe death. But hey, the next patch will allow you to raise one by slaying a Red Dragon and carving out its heart, so why not get an idea of all the fantastic powers that will allow you to wield?

Obviously, your tame dragon will not be quite as strong as the most formidable dragons in the game, because then you would be playing an entirely different game in which your dragon just does things and you cheer him on. But he can unleash his breath weapon, take to the skies, dart quickly from place to place, and carry both you and a friend through the skies. All of those tricks have long cooldowns, but you should be happy the dragon is doing all of these things for you instead of to you. Be thankful for what you get.

newest oldest most liked
Subscribe to:
Reader
Bruno Brito

I won’t tame the dragon. Knowing Archeage, i’ll rent the dragon.

boredinBC
Reader
boredinBC

When does the patch hit again? I hope I have time to up my credit card limit.

flyingltj
Reader
flyingltj

Let me guess. Tame a dragon. Only $10 for the materials to tame the dragon. Get a premium dragon for $50. Taming dragons have a 15% chance of success, and are only 85% as good as a premium dragon. New premium dragons to be introduced 2 months from now that are 120% better than the original premium dragon, and only cost $55. Then Trion introduces a patch to bring the original premium dragon in-line with the new premium dragons and ends up “botching” the process and issues multiple compensation packages and reimbursements to the base… while keeping their product in the news feeds and keeping their customer base focused on spend spend spend.

flyingltj
Reader
flyingltj

Ah a paid upkeep. Because why nickel & dime your customers when you can quarter & dollar them!

And then the white knights & astroturfers will defend it, saying you can get the upkeep material from some kind of in-game quest… meanwhile failing to understand or recognize that the more time you spend in-game performing maintenance work… the less time you’re actually PLAYING the game.

Reader
Godiva

The dragon is click bait. The majority of the player base will never even kill a red dragon, and the drop isn’t even guaranteed. When it does drop it binds, so you can’t buy it from another player either.

Why XL decided to make new content that the majority of players will never encounter is beyond me. It seems like such a waste of developer time and money.

flyingltj
Reader
flyingltj

Why worry about killing or taming it when you can just buy it at a low low price, discounted for holidays and events?

Reader
Godiva

The reasons I will return to archeage this freshstart:
– open world non instanced housing
– farming
– fishing
– dynamic trade pack system (although they’re doing their best to gut this every patch)
– sailing
– underwater exploration
– treasure hunting

I like the sandboxy, carebear, lifeskill activities. I do not play it for it’s PVP scene, which is zzz, or for its dungeons/raids which are also zzz (the only exception here is the Kraken, which left a deep impression on me during the early days of launch with its awesomeness).

If there was another MMO that launched with those features I’d jump over in a heartbeat. There’s a ghost of a really good sandbox game within this gilded p2w tomb.

nvidia
Reader
nvidia

Agreed, I have always liked the idea of ArcheAge more than the game itself. If it were stripped of its p2w elements and simply had a monthly sub, I’d probably play it until it died.

Reader
Castagere Shaikura

How do you avoid pvp? At lvl 30ish you are sent into pvp zones all the time from what i hear.

Reader
Godiva

I don’t avoid it, but it’s not my main activity so I’m not looking for it either. I might encounter it in the open world or on the ocean, but as the population shrinks over time most PVP is around contesting boss fights.

Reader
Bryan Turner

“because then you would be playing an entirely different game in which your dragon just does things and you cheer him on”

Was this some kind of ill informed comment about GW2 and Aurene, I suppose I’d expect that from a reader but not some one that thinks of then selves as some sort of reporter (but then when I grew up Dan Rather was still around as opposed to that guy that gets fired from MSNBC and ESPN all the time).

Reader
Bryan Turner

Made that comment on my phone so I can’t clean it up. Kieth Oberman was the name I was looking for.