The universe of Star Citizen is getting a bit bigger with the addition of 50,000 testers to its persistent universe. It also has a brand-new trailer if you want to see people getting out of spaceships and faffing about in space suits, which seems like the prelude to the most ridiculous installment of Grand Theft Auto ever. No one ever said you had to be a good citizen of the stars, right? (Dibs on that idea, incidentally.)
Other beta news? Ah, sure, why not?
- World of Warcraft has expanded its testing for its next expansion after kicking off the test rather quietly last week.
- A new beginner experience is available in Ever, Jane to make sure you’re really getting the greatest possible mileage out of snippy passive-aggressive commentary between dances. (It’s Jane Austen, what do you want?)
- The full alpha patch for Gloria Victis is out! It came with a free complete server wipe, too. Free of charge!
- You can check out two new trailers for Civilization Online if you’d like to. You cannot, however, have any idea when it’s coming out over in the West, if ever.
- You also cannot have any idea when Monster Hunter Online will be localized for the English-speaking portion of the world. But you can take advantage of the fact that its Chinese open beta will be open to everyone with no region locks.
Do we still have a list of games down below? Oh, yes indeed we do. Let us know if something has hopped test phases without us noticing in the comments!
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions.
Albion Online: Closed beta
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean and Japanese open beta, North American alpha testing, release in early 2016
Blade & Soul: Closed beta
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Chronicles: Runescape Legends: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Das Tal: Alpha expected in 2015
DayZ: Early access
Devilian: Closed beta
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Earthrise: First Impact: Alpha testing; no recent updates on development
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: First wave of closed alpha
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Early access
Overwatch: Closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shadowrun Chronicles: Steam early access; launching in April
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Starriser: Taking beta signups
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Early access/backer alpha, originally launching Q4 2015 but possibly delayed
Tree of Life: Paid early access
Tree of Savior: English beta testing events
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
Venus Rising: Closed beta (adult/NSFW)