Betawatch: Release keeps on slippin’ into the future for Crowfall (June 22, 2018)
Oh, Crowfall, you really looked like you were going to make it to soft launch this year. But it’s not happening; the studio has outright said that soft launch is just not going to be doable before the end of the year, because it’s more important to get the game to the right place. A shame, but on the plus side, we can find out more about the day/night cycle. That’s… similar?
It’s really not. Let’s move on to other beta news.
- If you want to be among the first to beta test Fallout 76, you’re going to need to be on Xbox One. Everyone else will have to wait a little bit. To test the game, that is, so perhaps that’s not the “exclusive” the console would like.
- Being a part of the early access community for Bless Online seems like a fun ride. Is the influencer program being scaled back to avoid negativity or negative conduct? Are server merges for the still very new game going to happen? Is there a 3v3 mode in the game? (The answer to that one is yes, incidentally.)
- It’s open beta time for The Crew 2, and the reviews are… not good! They’re actually mostly negative! And the “not fond of this game” sort of mostly negative, not the “we’re a bunch of people angry about something else and want to complain about this” sort of mostly negative.
- The latest patch for Star Citizen is up for testing on the PTU. Can you dig it? Because it’s about mining, you see. Digging is involved. Just test the patch.
- Last but not least, you can check out the Defiance 2050 build this weekend as the game heads toward launch (or should we say re-launch) on July 10th.
And that’s everything, but you know, we do have a list of things in testing down below. Is something missing? Has something jumped phases? Do let us know down in the comments below, we always appreciate it.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Backer alpha zero
Bless Online: Early access open beta
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha, beta on July 4th
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Defiance 2050: Almost beta
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dual Universe: Pre-alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Just Survive: Paid early access
Legends of Aria: Closed beta, open beta in June
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Occupy White Walls: Closed alpha
OrbusVR: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Rend: Alpha testing
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
TUG: Early access alpha, possibly abandoned
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access