MassivelyOP’s not-so-serious end-of-the-year awards continue today with our pick for best worst transmedia synergy. (If you’re wondering what the heck a Golden Yachtie is, you can get caught up with the first award.)
And the winner is…
World of Warships Godzilla vs. Kong
True facts, I probably wouldn’t have even known this was a thing but for World of Warships because I don’t go see movies during COVID. So I guess this weirdo crosspromo did its job.
We have a runner-up that probably would’ve taken the fauxward had it not happened so late in the year, but…
Genshin Impact fan creates a limited set of fully functional condoms
So that happened too.
I have… even more runners-up!
- I still have no idea how this Coca-Cola esports ad got greenlit.
- Put Hamilton in all the games, please.
- But probably don’t put Leeroy Jenkins in all the games. That was weird.
- Really, Fortnite? Terminator?
- Destiny 2’s promo toaster wasn’t even good at making toast.
- You know nothing, Lineage W.
- And who saw the Riot Games x Fenty collab coming?
Want to nominate another winner? Let us know in the comments, and don’t forget to check out our serious MMO awards while you’re at it.