Betawatch: The soft launch of Revelation Online (March 10, 2017)
- Elder Scrolls Legends dumped the beta tag entirely and is now officially launched on PC.
- Shards Online is getting a name change ahead of its planned Steam early access launch. You may now refer to it as Legends of Aria.
- The Repopulation’s alpha is expected to resume this weekend under the new ownership. Welcome back, Repop! Don’t screw this up!
- Gigantic just cannot catch a break: It laid off a sizable portion of its staff with the aim of “reducing the burn rate” until it can emerge from open beta and land on Arc later this year.
- Project Gorgon tasked players with testing dungeon difficulty.
- Camelot Unchained is still teasing its long-delayed beta one, but it sounds as if we’re inching closer now.
- Albion Online is pushing out a big patch next week, heavily overhauling the beta.
- Crowfall is working toward 24-7 test servers.
- LawBreakers is planning a big beta weekend later this month. Breakin’ the law!
Follow along below for the complete list of all the games still on the grill.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Albion Online: Closed beta, launching July 17th
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Cloud Pirates: Early access
Crossout: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Fragmented: Early access
Gigantic: Open beta
Gloria Victis: Early Access on Steam
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games
HEX: Unofficial open beta
LawBreakers: Closed beta weekend coming in March
Legends of Aria: Alpha, formerly known as Shards Online
Life is Feudal: Closed beta
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Master x Master: Alpha test
Mu Legend: Closed beta
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Origins of Malu: Development moving forward on battleground experience, MMO suspended
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Paladins: Closed beta
Paragon: Open beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
SamuTale: Closed alpha
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Exiled: Early access; formerly Das Tal
The Repopulation: Alpha resumes March 12th
Tree of Life: Open beta
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha testing
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access planned for Q1 2017