How strong is Devilian‘s PvP game? Really, it’s hard to say, but it’s being stepped up for the game’s fourth closed test. That closed test is running now, so you can let us know if the stepping was sufficiently upward. Perhaps it’s more of a lateral PvP game move. Hard to be sure.
Other beta news? Oh, you’d better believe it.
- Supernova has kicked off its second closed beta test if you need another MOBA to test. (It has RTS elements too, although considering that the whole genre originated with an RTS map mod that doesn’t say a whole lot.)
- The sixth closed alpha for SkySaga allows European players and North American players to play together.
- A weekend stress beta for Overwatch is happening this very weekend. No, there are still not keys to get in, Blizzard just flags your account.
- The next phase of alpha testing for Crowfall is starting up.
- Fans of Eco can look forward to an alpha in the very near future now that the last pieces of the game’s pre-alpha checklist are arranged. Unleash ecological disasters on a whole new scale! Or prevent them, we suppose, we’re not your bosses.
- Closed beta is running for Ever, Jane, good news for everyone who wants to put Mr. Darcy in his place.
- Last but not least, the Paladins beta has begun. Yes, it went into beta pretty quickly.
And don’t you know it, there are other games in various stages of testing, so we toss a whole bunch of stuff in a list. Did we miss something? Well, darn it, let us know in the comments and we’ll sacrifice a goat as an act of contrition. Or celebration. We’re big on sacrificing goats, really.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions.
Albion Online: Closed beta starts November 23rd
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean and Japanese open beta, North American alpha testing, release in early 2016
Blade & Soul: Closed beta
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Das Tal: Alpha expected in 2015
DayZ: Early access
Devilian: Closed beta
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Earthrise: First Impact: Alpha testing; no recent updates on development
Eleven: Closed alpha
Elite Lord of Alliance: Open beta November 17th
Eternal Crusade: First wave of closed alpha
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Early access
Overwatch: Closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shadowrun Chronicles: Steam early access; launching in April
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Starriser: Taking beta signups
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Early access/backer alpha, launching Q4 2015
Tree of Life: Paid early access
Tree of Savior: English beta testing events
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
Venus Rising: Closed beta (adult/NSFW)