Who doesn’t like a good character creator? The people in charge of Black Desert clearly like having one so much that a standalone version was released. Now everyone can enjoy making characters that are just like Bart. If you can’t wait to make a character and play said character, of course, you’ll have to wait for the next closed beta test starting up on February 18th.
And there’s other beta news, too!
- Metal Gear Online has left the realm of beta and has officially launched, if you want to subject people to your best Solid Snake impersonation over the internet.
- The Japanese version of League of Legends is in testing until the end of January.
- Laplace has added four new classes to its beta along with advanced tiers of classes, if that’s the sort of thing you’re into.
- The closed beta for MU: Origin starts next week; guides for getting started with the mobile title are available.
- Dreadnought went into alpha, excellent news for everyone who’s ever wanted to play an enormous ship or just wanted to see if one should, in fact, dread. (Thanks for the tip, Jim!)
- ECO continues to progress along the road to beta with the implementation of the power system, detailed in the most recent development blog entry.
- Want a bit more character customization? Check out some new videos regarding customization for Bless Online‘s races in the newest beta.
And just as in previous weeks, we do indeed have more titles listed down below. Is something missing? Why, let us know in the comments!
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions.
Albion Online: Closed beta
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean and Japanese open beta, North American closed beta, release in early 2016
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Chronicles: Runescape Legends: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Das Tal: Alpha expected in April
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Earthrise: First Impact: Alpha testing; no recent updates on development
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: First wave of closed alpha
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Early access
Overwatch: Closed beta
Paragon: Closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Starriser: Taking beta signups
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Alpha offline, currently on development hiatus due to Hero Engine issues
Tree of Life: Paid early access
Tree of Savior: English beta testing events
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
Venus Rising: Closed beta (adult/NSFW), currently on development hiatus due to Hero Engine issues