Good news, fans of Revelation Online! The game is still up for testing right now! Yes, the game is getting a bit more time in tests so that players can reach the level cap and really explore what it has to offer. You can also learn about guilds hitting one another to control territory, if that’s your thing.
Meanwhile, the beta news has rolled onward across the betasphere. Is that a term? It is now. Take a gander:
- We bid farewell to Conan Exiles not being playable, as the game formally launched into early access. It’s still going to toughen up raiding, and it’s also laughing at everyone laughing about dongs. Draw your own conclusions there.
- Interested in Dauntless? You can check out some footage of the game in action now. This is also true if you’re not interested in the free-to-play monster-smashing co-op title until you saw those words in sequence just now.
- Life is Feudal is still in testing, but it’s eyeing launch in late 2017. Something to look forward to.
- Crowfall has gotta go fast; it’s apparently stepping up the pace for its development updates as the year goes on. In theory, anyhow. It’s definitely giving the familiar old Knight a bit of additional love.
- Can you not live without Cloud Pirates’ blend of MOBA gameplay and the presence of airships? You won’t have to, as the game is heading into early access on February 9th. You can wait a week, right? Please wait a week.
And naturally, there’s a list of games in testing down below. Exciting, yes? You can check out many of the games on that list, and you can also let us know if something on there has slipped to a new phase without us knowing. You can even test out the new comment system to tell us all about it. Fun for the family, assuming the family has a slightly odd definition of fun.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Albion Online: Closed beta will last well into 2017
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Cloud Pirates: Closed beta
Crossout: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Fragmented: Early access
Gigantic: Open beta
Gloria Victis: Early Access on Steam
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games
HEX: Unofficial open beta
LawBreakers: Closed alpha
Life is Feudal: Closed beta
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Master x Master: Alpha test
Mu Legend: Closed beta
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Origins of Malu: Development moving forward on battleground experience, MMO suspended
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Paladins: Closed beta
Paragon: Open beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Revelation Online: Closed beta
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Exiled: Closed alpha, early access on February 23rd; formerly Das Tal
The Repopulation: Ownership changed, testing reopens Q1 2017
Tree of Life: Open beta
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha testing
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access planned for Q1 2017