If you missed last night’s Guild Wars 2 Ask Me Anything on Reddit because you were too busy actually playing the update, then you weren’t alone. But there was good stuff! Joined by over 20 ArenaNet devs, President Mike O’Brien helmed the AMA to talk about the patch and what’s still to come — let’s hit the highlights:
- New legendaries aren’t fully off the table, but the team wants to push out story and world content first.
- ANet will keep working on WvW, relinking and pairing worlds based on population, maybe re-enabling boon-stripping, rotating borderlands quarterly, and polling WvW players for input.
- They aren’t talking about future raid wings yet, but they are talking about easy and hard modes — those are still under discussion.
- “We are looking into moving further away from pure RNG as a reward system” in fractals. Ascended gear is intended to be easier in fractals now.
- PvP players, yesterday’s patch is it for you for a while thanks to the impending Season 3.
- Hate where the shared inventory slots go? Moving them is “a decent amount of work [but] not out of the realm of possibility.” ANet won’t be selling level 80 boosts in the gemstore either.
As for the summer updates, ArenaNet’s plans are still firm: living world, living world, living world, plus a quarterly update, maybe all jammed together and maybe not.
Don’t miss MOP’s Tina’s full run-down of everything in the patch!