The testing pattern for Crowfall is going to be just a little bit different moving forward, with an emphasis on having fewer phases over longer periods of time rather than its current rapid-fire testing events. The game did find the time to show off the making of a Druid spell and the Druid in action this week as well, though, so perhaps the net effect won’t be too noteworthy to the average fan.
- Asta is actually launching out of beta on a set date, in flagrant disregard for the accepted free-to-play method of just opening the cash shop and never actually saying, “We’ve launched now.” That’s happening on May 31st.
- More news has come out of the Chronicles of Elyria. Your mage is “no,” your non-human is “no,” your PvE server is “no,” your commercial building is “here’s how that works.” There’s also a rundown from the recent AMA on test timing which promises that it’ll start as early as Q1 2017, but there are no hard dates.
- Had you given up on the MMO side of Life is Feudal? That was silly of you, then; it’s in testing now.
- There’s an active targeting system for Riders of Icarus, if you want it. You’ll be able to try that out in the game’s third beta phase.
- Want to play Trinium Wars but don’t want to drop money on it? It’s free-to-play now, with the more valuable editions still costing some money. It’s also still in early access… probably. It’s hard to tell these days.
Plus, we’ve got that whole list below. You know, the list. Something on there that ought to be changed? Let us know down in the comments.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta starting in June
Albion Online: Closed beta
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Chronicles: Runescape Legends: Closed beta, launches on Steam May 26th
Crossout: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Das Tal: Ongoing alpha tests
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access play on Steam
Ever, Jane: Closed beta
Fragmented: Closed backer beta
Gigantic: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games
HeroWarz: Closed beta
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active, launching in spring
LawBreakers: Closed alpha
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Origins of Malu: Development suspended
Otherland: Early access
Paladins: Closed beta
Paragon: Early access, free beta weekend May 26th
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Riders of Icarus: Closed beta
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Repopulation: Alpha offline, moving to the Unreal engine, survival spinoff Fragmented in early access
Tree of Life: Open beta
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
World of Warcraft: Legion: Closed beta, launching August 30th