The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we started speculating wildly as to what fomer Wargaming developer Chris Taylor might be up to with his new studio. We’ve got that plus stories and videos from Elsword, Crowfall, and more, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Bukkaku: Well here is probably the strangest MMO you’re going to see all week. Bukkaku is an Czech indie MMO that has an origami-like art style, bloody decapitations, and game mechanics loosely based on Pokémon.
- Wild Terra: Take advantage of a free open test while you still can!
- Conan Exiles: Get the scoop on this developing survival sandbox with a podcast interview that includes Joel Bylos:
- MU Online: The cleverly titled Season 11 Update 2 brought several improved features to the game such as the hunting log, a socket system expansion, and a Minesweeper-like minigame.
- Portal Knights: This early access title has just updated to 0.7.0, adding water, hard mode bosses, split stacks, and “RPG enhancements.”
- Overwatch: Want a chunk of an $100,000 prize pool? Then sign up for Overwatch’s Winter Premiere, which will run for most of December and January.
Odds and Ends
- Chris Taylor: Former Gas Powered Games developer has left his position and studio remnants behind at Wargaming to open up a new indie studio. What could he be brewing up? There’s no clue yet, but we’ll be keeping an eye on it!
MU Origin pumped out its 1.5.0 patch recently, complete with the Magic Knight class, the pet synergy system, and the Swamp of Peace zone.
Some MMOs simply tell you about their patches, but that’s not good enough for Elsword. The action title has to make a video production about it, including this past week’s update:
Some Crowfall players spent way too long analyzing and theorycrafting the game’s skill tree, the result of which you can watch below!
Confused over Cloud Pirates’ Dead Man’s Chest mode? Learn how to play this version of capture-the-flag through the following tutorial video.