Better luck this time, Bless Unleashed! We had a giveaway for your proper launch, which was yesterday, and we’re really hoping you get your stuff together this time around. Please, do well instead of turning into the next perpetual Hellgate: London. Please.
The remainder of this week’s beta news is, in fact, notably leashed. So let’s get right on it.
- Ashes of Creation: Apocalypse has ended its early access battle royale phase. The project was not terribly popular among fans of the game from the start, so this ending is less of a firm victory and more of an exhausted sigh. In test form. Yeah, we don’t know exactly how that works either.
- The open beta for Phantasy Star Online 2 starts on March 17th! On the Xbox One only, it seems. If you’re still waiting for news about the PC version… me too, people, me too.
- The War of the Gods update is coming very soon for Crowfall, it seems. This one’s humming right along. That’s all good! It’s just good news. That keeps looking sarcastic but it isn’t.
- Do you want to have a home in New World? Be prepared to work for it. Although considering the setting, that’s kind of the point.
- Last but not least, Chronicles of Elyria is trying out its land sales event once again, hopefully this time with an actually working system. (But it’s still all pretend land.)
And with that, we bid adieu to betas… but only a temporary adieu, just for one week. You know, like most weekly columns. We do have a list of things in testing just past the break if you’d like to take a peek at it, and maybe let us know if something jumped test phases without us noticing. Keep calm and test games.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one phase one; Apocalypse early access has ended
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta one
Children of Ur: Open alpha, further development merged with Eleven
Chronicles of Elyria: Pre-alpha
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha, alpha now expected in 2020
Cube World: Closed beta since September 23rd
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
Dual Universe: Alpha
ECO: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Kurtzpel: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Guardians of Ember: Open beta
Hearthstone Battleground Mode: Open beta
Inferna: Early access
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Magic: Legends: Beta testing in 2020
New World: Closed alpha, launching May 2020
Occupy White Walls: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Open beta
Outlaws of the Old West: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Phantasy Star Online 2: Closed beta on Xbox One (PC version expected)
Project Genom: Closed alpha, servers offline for restructuring with SpatialOS
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Saga of Lucimia: Closed alpha
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Temtem: Early access
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha, weekly test cycle
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight III: Closed alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha