Gosh, what a strange road it has been for Torchlight III. Like… at one point that wasn’t even its name. But the important thing is that the game has just had its last major update and character wipe that’s expected before the game’s full launch, which means that launch is probably not too far off. At least then people will not still be wondering where their test keys are.
Further beta news comes in like a lion and exits also like a lion:
- The Valiance Online beta is, uh… let’s just say that it is kind of thin. Sad to report on that.
- Bless Unleashed is doing well enough to make plans to head over to PlayStation 4, thus making the first time that someone had to use the word “well” in conjunction with a Bless-connected project in some time.
- Crowfall has indeed hit the beta threshold at long last! It’s here to destroy things. (Narrator voice: Nothing was destroyed, but hey, it’s in beta.)
- Do you like robots, the 1920s, and multiplayer RTS games? Then you might want to check out the beta for Iron Harvest. Those are its selling points.
- Last but not least, it’s worth noting that the bizarre saga of the Dragon’s Prophet server on Steam has ended with the server being yote right away. Yeet.
Our list of games in testing is not in beta. It is, in fact, in a state of just being there, listing games in testing. If there is something that should be added to the list or yote off of it, however, do let us know! We appreciate the extra eyes.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one
Book of Travels: Closed beta
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta one
Children of Ur: Open alpha, further development merged with Eleven
Craftopia: Closed alpha
Crowfall: Backer alpha
Crucible: Closed beta
Cube World: Closed beta since September 23rd
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
Dual Universe: Alpha, with beta coming August 2020
ECO: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Elyon: Korean beta (fka Ascent Infinite Realm)
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Kurtzpel: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Guardians of Ember: Open beta
Hearthstone Battleground Mode: Open beta
Inferna: Early access
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Magic: Legends: Closed alpha 2; beta testing in 2020
Mortal Online 2: Closed alpha
New World: Closed testing, launch pushed to 2021
Occupy White Walls: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Open beta
Outlaws of the Old West: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Population Zero: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha, servers offline for restructuring with SpatialOS
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Saga of Lucimia: Closed alpha
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Temtem: Early access
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha, weekly test cycle
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight III: Early access
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra 2: Intermittent beta