World of Warcraft introduces hotfixes to further increase Anima rewards in Shadowlands

    
9
Zeno's prepatch.

Despite attempts by World of Warcraft to increase the amount of Anima rewards in Shadowlands, there’s still been feedback from players that obtaining Anima is still too difficult. Hopefully, then, some recently released hotfixes will address the matter so players don’t feel like spending 10,000 Anima on a feature upgrade is the wrong choice.

These patches have added new achievements for upgrading all four Covenant Sanctum features to tiers 1, 2, and 3, which also scale Anima rewards upward when players earn each new achievement. With these changes, players can now earn as much as 245 Anima per world quest completed if they’ve brought all buildings up to tier 3. Furthermore, these new achievements are retroactive.

In other WoW news, the Burning Crusade Classic beta test temporarily saw the level 70 boosting realm open, which is a bit of a surprise but not entirely unexpected considering raid testing will be underway starting later today.

Advertisement

No posts to display

9
LEAVE A COMMENT

Please Login to comment
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most liked
Subscribe to:
Reader
Loyal Patron
Patreon Donor
Kickstarter Donor
johnwillo

I think that Shadowland’s best expansion will be The Burning Crusade. I know that’s where I’ll be.

Reader
Nathan Aldana

why though?

I agree Shadowlands is crap but so is TBC unless you just have weird nostalgia goggles

me, I’ll be on other games entirely rather than wasting more money on activision

Reader
Loyal Patron
Patreon Donor
Kickstarter Donor
johnwillo

I enjoyed TBC the first time and, while there will be no surprises when I re-visit, I still expect to be able to extract more enjoyment there than in the Shadowlands.

Reader
Danny Smith

Just easing off that sub trap to try and bring people back already? I guess thats what half a year without a content patch will do. When theres literally nothing to offer offer more of the current expansion farming currency to.. buy mount and armour recolours?

Now thats worth paying bobby K videogame rent for!

Reader
Evasive Dice

Wish them the best. WoW is on its way out. I picked up shadowlands and subbed about 2 months back. I got about….. 1 week into my sub before I uninstalled it. The way they run the game seems like a mobile model BUT with a sub price attached. Its pretty jarring. The update on graphics was nice but like…. the game had zero depth to it. You’ll get far more enjoyment from titles like ESO or FFXIV. I honestly can’t blame them though, the game is over 20 years old. It’s just on its way out. I read somewhere they have been bleeding subs for over a year now from an internal leak within the company after a bunch of their employees who we’re there left to other companies and jumped ship. I can see it being legit info. It feels like a really bad game now. WoTLK was so awesome, I was pretty bummed out when I jumped on the shadowlands hype. BFA wasnt even this bad. Ive also been reading the forums alot, just checking in, as its good popcorn material, and the forums are on fire…. daily. Apparently the game is being ran by a hardcore raid leader type guy named ion, so he geared the game for strictly raiding 95% and the other 5% is everything else like like pve and open world stuff. Real shame.

Their kinda doing an everquest setup now. Just trying to maintain, micro transactions EVERYWHERE.

Reader
Holden Nagata

i won’t argue your other points because I more or less agree, but we need to stop treating decade+ veteran employees moving on as “jumping ship”–after 10 or more years of doing one single job (whatever that might be), most people would want a change. it’s more public in the games industry, but this happens everywhere within the tech industry itself.

Reader
J

Good luck to them. I quit every single one of their last three expansions after less than two months. New zones are fun, new lore is fun. Then I hit the boring ass time gated endgame that reminds me of trashy mobile titles.

Reader
Dug From The Earth

After 3+ expansions of them doing this… its no longer right to call these updates a “FIX”. They arent “fixing” anything. Blizzard knows exactly what its doing, and has been following the same thought out plan over and over.

Gimp progression to ridiculous levels to start
Wait for player base to get fed up and leave
Add in changes to boost progression rate and play it off as “We are listening, and have improved things like you want” to draw back in players under the guise of good will.

Garbage.

jimthomasUS
Reader
jimthomasUS

I’ve played 20+ mmorpgs beginning with Guild Wars in 2005 and Shadowlands is by far the the most grotesque example of subscriber based game design I have played. It makes me want to spit.