After all of the false starts, delays, and dearths of information, we finally know the truth this week. Bless Online is coming to early access in May, finally making its way over here. We even had a lengthy interview about the game’s development plans, so if you’ve been watching it for ages, you can find out more about it. And that includes no lockboxes, thankfully.
So let’s move on, shall we? There’s other beta news, and we’re dropping it right… here. After the end of these sentences.
- Get in on the Defiance 2050 closed beta in April! Or try to, anyhow, you can sign up if you’re interested. No promises are made about whether or not you will be accepted. That’s how closed beta invites work.
- Get used to a whole lot of changes in Wild West Online, which includes everything from character creation to shooting while riding. It’s a long list of alterations to the game’s mechanics.
- Get the benefits of a big Legends of Aria quality-of-life patch ahead of the game’s next convention experience (PAX East, don’t you know). It’s not just a special version for the show floor, which is nice.
- Get used to having absolutely no idea what’s in the patches for Saga of Lucimia. The patch notes will be sparse and omit important information, so you’ll never really know what’s going on. Does that sound fun? If so, please explain why.
- Get rhythm when you get the blues.
- Last but not least, get a look at Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen in its current pre-alpha state. Specifically spelunking through dungeons, which is sort of a central theme of these games.
And after all that getting, why not get yourself down to the list of games in testing below? If you got something we didn’t get, you can get in touch with us in the comments to get things back on track. Get the idea?
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Backer alpha zero
Bless Online: Early access starts in May
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha, beta on July 4th
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Closers: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Closed beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dual Universe: Pre-alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Just Survive: Paid early access
Legends of Aria: Closed beta
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
OrbusVR: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Sea of Thieves: Closed beta
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Exiled: Early access; formerly Das Tal
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
TUG: Early access alpha, possibly abandoned
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Wild West Online: Early access alpha
Worlds Adrift: Closed beta