Shiver me timbers — the Battle Bards are coming aboard and demanding that all capable musicians appear on the poop deck and blast out a few shanties and jigs for their pleasure! In today’s episode, this motley crew examines the pirate themes that sail across many-a-MMO. Will they find rich booty — or only a few pieces o’ eight? Find out!
Battle Bards is the world’s first, best, and only MMO music podcast. Biweekly episodes alternate between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Episode 179 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Salty Sailor” from World of Warcraft, “The Adventure Begins” from Tales of Pirates, “The Redmoon Marauders” from WildStar, and “Driftwood Island Combat” from Pirates of the Caribbean Online)
- “Pirate Ship” from MapleStory 2
- “We Shall Sail Together” from Sea of Thieves
- “Freeport Theme” from Atlas
- “Pirates” from Ashen Empires
- “Port Theme” from Florensia
- “Randy Dandy Oh” from The Legend of Pirates Online
- “San Juan” from Pirates of the Burning Sea
- Which one did we like best?
- Listener note from Katriana
- Jukebox picks: “Credits” from Flashback CD, “Hero Approaches” from Port Royale 4, and “The Time Traveller” from Luna: The Shadow Dust.
- Outro (“Bay Theme” from Cloud Pirates)