As if there was anything else we’d be talking about this week? Co-hosts Justin and Bree sort through the bombshells of both EverQuest Next and WildStar from last Friday, looking for reasons, effects, and silver linings in all of it. Will there be tears, defiance, or hope? Tune in!
It’s the Massively OP Podcast, an action-packed hour of news, tales, opinions, and gamer emails! And remember, if you’d like to send in your own letter to the show, use the “Tips” button in the top-right corner of the site to do so.
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 02:15 – WildStar’s studio gets gutted, China release cancelled
- 14:40 – Is WildStar salvagable?
- 21:15 – EverQuest Next is shelved
- 31:11 – The state of the MMO industry
- 42:16 – Are there ever going to be more major PvE MMOs?
- 47:11 – EQN’s cancellation won’t make much of a difference
- 49:30 – EverQuest franchise’s future?
- 57:39 – Are there any pure MMO companies left?
- Download Episode 55
- Podcast theme: “Echoes of Things” from EverQuest Next
- Your show hosts: Bree and Justin
- Listen to Massively OP Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, TuneIn, and Pocket Casts
- Follow Massively Overpowered: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Twitch
- If you’re having problems seeing or using the web player, please check your flashblock or scriptblock setting.