Yes, you read that right. Torchlight Frontiers hit its NDA so hard that it done broke. There’s no NDA for the third alpha test, that’s the point! We’ve been taking a gander at it ourselves, all surreptitious-like. How about them apples?
Wait, that was inappropriate. We didn’t need to say something that aggressive. I’m sorry. Let’s move on.
- The seventh alpha test is running in Prosperous Universe now, along with its very first server wipe. Yes, it’s all been rebooted. Classic testing move, isn’t it? Just like old times.
- A new loadout system is coming to Dauntless with its next update, and the development team has offered fans a preview of what that will look like.
- We still don’t have Ascent: Infinite Realm in testing here in North America, but it’s getting tested in Southeast Asia. That does tend to imply it’s getting ready for more broad testing, doesn’t it?
- If you like playing games that remind you of the end of Donnie Darko and/or underrated musical acts from the ’80s, you might want to sign up for Mad World’s upcoming April test phase.
- Last but not least, Ashes of Creation is delaying a whole bunch of stuff, including its first alpha. The community is enraged to the point that we’re going to need adjectives other than “glorious” to mollify them.
Not delayed in the least is the list of games in testing just below. That’s right there like always. Is there something missing or something in a different test stage that we missed? Let us know down in the comments!
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one phase one
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta one
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Chronicles of Elyria: Pre-alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Division 2: Launching March 12
Dual Universe: Alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Kurtzpel: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Legends of Aria: Early access
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
New World: Closed alpha
Occupy White Walls: Early access
OrbusVR: Early access beta
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha, servers offline for restructuring with SpatialOS
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Rend: Early access
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Pre-alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Starmourn: Open beta
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight Frontiers: Closed alpha, no NDA
Valiance Online: Alpha
Worlds Adrift: Early access