Those hoping to get some good playtime in with New World this weekend need all of the strategic aid that they can get, what with the servers literally overflowing with interest and demand.
To help figuring out when and where to play the game, Amazon Game Studio posted a full list of its legion of servers along with helpful icons stating if the shards are online, offline, at full capacity, or undergoing maintenance. It also notified gamers that full servers would refuse any new character creation until they got, um, less full.
The studio repeated its promise to both add to the server count and increase the relatively limited population caps of the existing servers. On Saturday morning, New World continues to sit very comfortably at the number two spot on Steam, with well over a half-million players in the game or sitting in the sometimes hours-long queues. The game set a new concurrency record on Friday at 800,000.
MOP's New World launch coverage:
• New World delays server transfers again to avoid disrupting weekend play
• New World delays server transfers to fix ‘edge case’ problems – here’s how they’ll work
• New World’s Amazon Games has major ambitions for the gaming industry
• New World posts bug patch, preps transfers, finds its Instagram account hacked
• Massively OP Podcast Episode 341: New World roundtable
• New World is finally implementing detection for ‘bad-faith AFK players’
• MMO Week in Review: New World reaches 913K concurrent players and queuers
• New World stops people from rolling on full servers, posts capacity list, and hits 800K concurrent
• New World, Day 4: New servers, long queues, transfers next week, and Jeff Bezos weighs in
• Massively Overthinking: Initial impressions of New World
• The Stream Team: Starting off for real this time in New World
• New World, Day 2: Where Amazon’s new MMO stands on queues, concurrency, servers, and transfers
• Hands-on: Does New World hold up in the midgame and beyond?
• New World is live around the globe as some queues cap at 25K and concurrency passes 700K
• The Daily Grind: So, are you playing New World on launch today?