I bet you thought Betawatch this week was going to be all about World of Warcraft’s Shadowlands beta, which did indeed begin and we’ve already been talking about it ad nauseam. WoW, however, is not the only game in testing worth noting.
- Magic Legends began dispatching invites for its second closed alpha.
- Crucible is pushing newcomers toward beta signups for its do-over attempt.
- Torchlight III, aka Torchums around the MOP offices, opened its PTR and prepped for wipe.
- Wild Terra 2 and Last Oasis both posted their 2020 roadmaps.
- City of Titans is preparing a patch for its avatar builder.
- Book of Travels ended its beta but promised more tests to come after the summer holidays.
- Lost Ark is inching closer to some form of testing here as it’s now talking up its global release.
- Finally, we got a hard look at Dual Universe’s PvP; the game is slated to hit paid beta next month.
Read on for our whole list of MMOs and MMO-adjacent titles in testing. If we missed one, let us know in the comments!
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one
Book of Travels: Closed beta
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta one
Children of Ur: Open alpha, further development merged with Eleven
Crowfall: Backer alpha
Crucible: Closed beta
Cube World: Closed beta since September 23rd
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
Dual Universe: Alpha, with beta coming August 2020
ECO: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Elyon: Korean beta (fka Ascent Infinite Realm)
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Kurtzpel: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Guardians of Ember: Open beta
Hearthstone Battleground Mode: Open beta
Inferna: Early access
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Magic: Legends: Closed alpha 2; beta testing in 2020
Mortal Online 2: Closed alpha
New World: Closed testing, launch pushed to 2021
Occupy White Walls: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Open beta
Outlaws of the Old West: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Population Zero: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha, servers offline for restructuring with SpatialOS
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Saga of Lucimia: Closed alpha
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Temtem: Early access
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha, weekly test cycle
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight III: Early access
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra 2: Intermittent beta
WoW Shadowlands: Beta