Here comes the weekend, and that means here comes Fractured. Any and all registered users can get in on the fun of a playtest this weekend, meaning that there’s plenty of opportunity for people to jump in and try out the current state of the game. Fun!
Other beta news this week may be less fun. Case in point:
- Ever, Jane has apparently surreptitiously closed its doors without ever technically making it to launch. Our condolences to fans of the title.
- Crimson Desert has clarified a little more about how its single-player and multiplayer modes will interact, which is… well, still kind of unclear.
- Prosperous Universe is kicking in a full reset with its next major stage of development, although the developers are quick to point out how this is a net positive.
- Bless Unleashed’s PC beta test is back in swing as of today.
- On a happier note, Pantheon has shown off its introductory dungeon crawling… although that just reminds you about the sadness of who the title lost in recent memory.
Oof, sadness all around. Maybe the list just below can perk you up a little bit more? Or maybe you get perked up by the thought of letting us know if something wound up changing test status without us noticing, which you can tell us in the comment. Hey, everyone needs to find their own happiness.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one
Blankos Block Party: Open beta
Bless Unleashed (PC): Closed beta
Book of Travels: Closed beta
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta one
Children of Ur: Open alpha, further development merged with Eleven
Chronicles of Elyria: Pre-alpha, again
City of Titans: Alpha
Craftopia: Early access
Crowfall: Closed beta
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
Dual Universe: Paid beta
ECO: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Elyon: Korean beta (fka Ascent Infinite Realm)
Frozen Flame: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Beta (early access) on Steam
Inferna: Early access
Kurtzpel: Closed beta
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Magic: Legends: Closed alpha 2; beta testing in 2020
Mortal Online 2: Closed alpha
Naica: Open beta
New World: Closed testing, launch pushed to 2021
Occupy White Walls: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Open beta
Outlaws of the Old West: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Population Zero: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha, servers offline for restructuring with SpatialOS
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Saga of Lucimia: Closed alpha
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Temtem: Early access
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha, weekly test cycle
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra 2: Intermittent beta