Indie sandbox Das Tal’s summer alpha kicks off tomorrow morning on July 16th. Fairytale Distillery plans to cut the rope on the servers at 10 a.m. EDT and let you all rampage for two weeks testing out the new biomes, new spear and shield weapon set, the solo player challenge system, the new structures, and the tutorial. Fairytale Distillery has also granted Massively OP 2000 alpha keys that will get you folks in there!
While the studio originally planned to host only a European server for everyone in the alpha, it announced last week that it’s going to run a US-based server as well to avoid some of the lag and bad timing for siege windows. That means there are no regional restrictions on the test or on our keys. Yay!
Click the Mo button below (and prove you’re not a robot) to take one home for yourself!
[Keys turned off now as the event is over!]
To redeem your key once claimed,
- Go to the official site’s download page and download the game patcher for your operating system.
- Un-zip the patcher to a folder of your choice, then run the launcher(.exe) to patch the game client. When done patching click “play.”
- Next, select your screen resolution and details and press “Play!” again.
- In the login screen, click “New Account,” pick a user name and password, then enter your alpha key (copy & paste works) in the “Registration Key” field.
- Back in the login screen click “login”. Your account name and password should be filled in.
- Enter your email address (twice), click “Send verification mail,” and go to your email inbox and click the confirmation mail in the email from “Fairytale Distillery team.”
- Now go back into the game and you’re in the character creation screen.
Here’s the game in a nutshell:
If you’re still lost, give the tutorial a try.
Standard giveaway notes
‣ If there’s no captcha or Mo button and all it says is “No keys left! Sorry” in big letters, then we’re out of keys. If we get a refresh from the studio, we’ll send out a note on social media.
‣ Having problems with the captcha not working? Try an alt browser or clear your cache.
‣ Hang on to your code! If you lose it after all of our keys are given out, you’ll need to email us with your IP so that we can look it up for you that way. Please don’t ask us to email you a key if your browser didn’t actually display one for you or you can’t determine your IP!
Good luck and have fun, everyone!