One game enters the list and another leaves. Dark and Light has started its closed testing, although there’s a very small number of people currently invited to test the game, so you’re probably not on the list. Meanwhile, Master x Master has entered the shark-infested waters of launch, so it’s now as real as it gets. Hooray for changes on the list!
Boy, I’m so excited I’m just going to launch into several more list items. Come with me, will you?
- Luna Online is apparently in closed testing in Southeast Asia, so that’s good news for fans of the game, people who live in Southeast Asia, and people who want games with names similar to those of moths. I assume the crossover on that list is rather small, but you never know.
- Hyper Universe has entered closed beta; if you’ve forgotten about that one, it’s a MOBA but of the side-scrolling variety. Check out the Facebook page for keys and such.
- A big test update is coming to Project Genom next month. It’s… big, almost like a whole rewriting of the game’s focus. You’ll want to see it to believe it, apparently.
- The bad news is that the early access launch for Rend is being delayed; the good news is that it’s apparently being delayed for really cool and good reasons. You’ll have to take the developer’s word on that one.
- Gigantic is launching on July 20th, so you may want to mark your calendar for that. And you can test freely on the PC right now, too.
- Kritika Online is throwing into the open beta ring pretty soon; June 29th, to be specific. Founder’s pack holders get in a little bit earlier, though.
- Last but not least, Shot Online Golf has hit the closed beta scene. So, you know. Golf.
And there’s still a whole list down below! What fun. Let us know if something in there slipped phases without us noticing, all right? We really like lists, if you haven’t noticed.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Albion Online: Closed beta, launching July 17th
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Cloud Pirates: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dark and Light: Closed beta
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Fragmented: Early access
Gigantic: Open beta, launching on July 20th
Gloria Victis: Early Access on Steam
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kritika Online: Closed beta, open beta starts June 29th
LawBreakers: Beta June 28th, Launch August 8th
Legends of Aria: Alpha, formerly known as Shards Online
Life is Feudal: Closed beta
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Mu Legend: Closed beta
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Origins of Malu: Development moving forward on battleground experience, MMO suspended
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Paladins: Closed beta
Paragon: Open beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Sea of Thieves: Technical alpha
Secret World Legends: Closed beta, launching June 26th
SkySaga: Open beta soft launch approaching, date not yet announced
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Exiled: Early access; formerly Das Tal
The Repopulation: Closed alpha
Tree of Life: Open beta
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha testing
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Closed beta