Today’s episode of the Battle Bards was phoned in — phoned in with 2800-baud modems from the 1990s, that is! Steff, Syl, and Syp return to the early era of graphical MMOs to see what video game music existed in that time. From the bleeps to the bombastic, this show digs deep into the past to see what is waiting to be uncovered…
Battle Bards is the world’s first, best, and only MMO music podcast. Biweekly episodes alternate between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Listen to Episode 191: Digging up the past (or download it) now:
Episode 191 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Toxxulia Forest” from EverQuest, “Main Theme” from Asheron’s Call, and “Idiotic Ghost” from Lineage)
- “The Streets of Furcadia” from Furcadia
- “Corloth” from Meridian 59
- “Main Theme” from AOL’s Neverwinter Nights
- “The Dark Theme” from The 4th Coming
- “Whispers” from Dark Eden
- “Age of Heroes” from Dark Sun Online
- “Ocllo” from Ultima Online
- Which one did we like best?
- Listener notes from Dorian
- Jukebox picks: “Main Theme” from Ecco the Dolphin, “Forest of Secrets” from Ikenfell, and “Main Theme” from Treasure Planet
- Outro (feat. “Tavern 1” from The Realm Online)