TennoCon is always exciting with a number of things to do, but the highlight is always TennoLive, the big reveals that happen live on stage. From live demos to surprises, it is a highlight for the Warframe — and now Soulframe, too — community. So what has Digital Extremes shown off this year? Here’s a quick at-a-glance rundown of the big points; we’ll have deeper dives into everything, including interviews, later this weekend!
Soulframe is Digital Extremes’ in-development fantasy MMORPG; it was first announced at TennoCon last summer and took our Most Anticipated award last year. Here are the highlights from this evening’s reveals:
- The story’s focus is on healing and redemption
- You don’t change your frame to change your class; you change your arm
- It’s intended as an RPG experience
- We’ll fight through procedurally generated dungeons
- Expect music minigames and puzzles in gameplay
- Rescuing/healing souls is the aim, grants allies/skills
- Fun fact: Orbitron, the Warframe partnered BattleBot, is currently battling in Las Vegas
- There’s a 10th anniversary free log-in claim through end of the year — Dex frame and operator skins
- Expect three 10th anniversary limited-edition Heirloom Collections for Mag and Frost
- Mobile for iOS is coming next year
- A spooky update lands in October – Abyss of Dagath – boasting a new themed frame, new dojo room, new weapon, Hydroid rework, and the biggest QOL improvements update this year.
- Grendel Prime also arrives in October
- Cross-save is coming this year, for real!
- The next big story arc starts with Whisper in the Walls, launching by end of this year; it includes whole new hub, new tile set, new weapon type (grimoire), new faction to fight against, and new lighting
- The final tease is Warframe 1999, which is going back to the origins of Warframe. See the start of a favorite frame!
Stay tuned for full details on these highlights and more!