Were you too busy gaming this week to pay attention to MMO news? Get caught up every Sunday evening with Massively Overpowered’s Week in Review!
After a bit of teasing, Game of Thrones-esque PvP MMORPG Crowfall launched its Kickstarter this week. We pitted it against its closest rival, interviewed its lead devs about their plans, and gave our own impressions of the first big game announcement of the year.
Read on for a look at the rest of this week’s top MMO stories.
- Star Trek Online and other MMOs honored Leonard Nimoy with in-game memorials.
- Guild Wars 2 is adding new camera modes in March and redoing defiance in Heart of Thorns.
- Both The Repopulation and Darkfall made “massive” changes to their combat systems.
- Skyforge announced its beta schedule and opened founder pack sales.
- Black Desert revealed the Blader class.
- The Game Archaeologist explored EverQuest life circa 1999.
- World of Warcraft’s 6.1 patch went live… without the Iron Docks.
- Ultima Online is publishing an expansion this year: Time of Legends.
- Final Fantasy XIV’s Gold Saucer patch went live.
- RIFT is celebrating its fourth anniversary with its yearly carnival.
- Shroud of the Avatar upgraded to the Unity 5 engine.
- Champions Online changed up its costume prices.
- H1Z1 took on cheaters by mocking them in a new video.
- Non-combat sandbox Wander released a con-season demo video.
- TERA launched its Skycastles patch amidst EU server dungeon controversy.
And don’t forget that our Stream Team is back!