This one’s personally important to me. Peria Chronicles is a game that looked very interesting to me from the moment it was revealed and has continued to look interesting subsequently, or at least it did while receiving absolutely no updates whatsoever. I was optimistic about it despite that fact. And it’s actually entering its first test phase! It’s all been sort of justified!
Of course, the game could still be awful, but hey, let’s not dwell on that and instead move on to other beta news.
- A close runner-up for this week’s header story was the new class for Torchlight Frontiers, the Railmaster. It’s trains. It’s all trains.
- Amidst all of the superhero drama that was floating around this week which I don’t want to write another word about right now, seriously, there was also a promise from Ship of Heroes that beta is meant for the end of this year.
- On that note, Heroes and Villains is still at work in development! Forgot about that one, huh?
- Where my Star Citizen ladies at? They’re in the game now! Everyone can make a girl character, it’s truly a glorious day.
- Caravan Stories looks wonderful and is heading to PlayStation 4 this summer. Another game we all thought had gone away! Of course, that’s not great for people not on the console, but it at least justifies my own purchase of it.
- Last but not least, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is in testing now… in New Zealand. It’s better than looking for orcs among the sheep!
So that’s the week, and let’s get on with the list down below. As always, let us know if something changed test phases or whatever without us noticing! It’ll bring you good fortune, possibly.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one phase one
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta one
Children of Ur: Open alpha, further development merged with Eleven
Chronicles of Elyria: Pre-alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dual Universe: Alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Kurtzpel: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Guardians of Ember: Open beta
Legends of Aria: Early access
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
New World: Closed alpha
Occupy White Walls: Early access
OrbusVR: Early access beta
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Outlaws of the Old West: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha, servers offline for restructuring with SpatialOS
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Rend: Early access
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Pre-alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Starmourn: Open beta
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha, weekly test cycle
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight Frontiers: Closed alpha, no NDA
Valiance Online: Alpha
Worlds Adrift: Early access