You still have to wait a little while longer to try out the Anthem beta, or “demo” if you will. But you can get some sense of the game right now if you’re interested in watching an entire mission in video form or gameplay footage of the speedy Interceptor, the fastest Javelin. It’s real! It’s all real.
Speaking of real thing, here’s a real list of real additional beta news from this real week. It may in fact be too real.
- Bad news, Atlas players, the game’s latest patch makes it lethal to eat… er… let’s just go ahead and say repeats of something’s prior meal. Looking back, I started that sentence with “bad news” and I’m not sure why I did this. I guess it’s bad news that it has to be news at all, then.
- Ashes of Creation is opening up a battle royale test weekend this weekend after it rather suddenly shut the testing down. So you can get back into that, and if you have any baffled questions about it, you can ask them of the new community manager who is working hard to field questions.
- Breach is plotting one last alpha test this weekend ahead of its early access launch.
- Can you scarcely wait to try out PlanetSide Arena with the certainty that it won’t just be assets from an existing game quickly reshuffled into a battle royale? If so, you’ll love hearing about how the game reshuffles and rearranges classic vehicles and weapons for the new format.
- It’s not quite a change in the beta, but it’s a pretty big change for The Division 2 hopefuls that the game has been removed from Steam and migrated to Epic’s online store. Et tu, Ubisoft?
- Last but not least, when you think superheroes, you think shopping. And if you didn’t before, perhaps the latest entry from the team behind Ship of Heroes will change your mind.
Delightful, disorienting, and possibly dizzying! You can check out our full list of games in testing just below, and if you notice something that shouldn’t be on there or a game that shifted test states, you can let us know in the comments.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Anthem: Alpha, beta starts January 24th
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one; battle royale spinoff holding test weekends
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta (one)
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Division 2: Alpha
Dual Universe: Alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Legends of Aria: Early access
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Occupy White Walls: Early access
OrbusVR: Early access beta
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Rend: Early access
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Pre-alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Starmourn: Open beta
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight Frontiers: Closed alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access