The closed alpha for The Exiled — the game formerly known as Das Tal — has begun!
From December 1st to December 21st, early backers and those with keys can hop in to test out the indie sandbox. Since the last round of testing, the team has been updated with a new clan finder feature, improved animations, early versions of in-game structures, language support, the new UI and HUG, designed events, new social features for guilds and soloers, better combat targeting, and concurrency management systems.
Wanna play? Fairytale Distillery has granted Massively OP 1000 keys to get you in starting today. Click the Mo button below (and prove you’re not a robot) to grab one of these keys, then check out the trailer and new images below too!
Here’s how to redeem your code:
1.) Go to http://www.the-exiled.co/download and download the game patcher for your operating system.
2.) Un-zip the patcher to a folder of your choice.
3.) Run the launcher(.exe) to patch the game client.
4.) When done patching click “play”.
5.) Select your screen resolution and details.
6.) Press “Play!” again.
7.) In the login screen click “New Account”.
8.) Pick a user name and password.
9.) Now enter your alpha key (copy & paste works) in the “Registration Key” field.
10.) Back in the login screen click “login”. Your account name and password should be filled in.
11.) Enter your email address (twice).
12.) Click “Send verification mail”.
13.) Go to your email inbox and click the confirmation mail in the email from “Fairytale Distillery team.”
14.) Now go back into the game and you can create your character.
Standard giveaway notes:
- If there’s no captcha or Mo button and all it says is “No keys left! Sorry” in big letters, then we’re out of keys. If we get another batch from the studio, we’ll send out a note on social media.
- Having problems with the captcha not working? Try an alt browser or clear your cache.
- Hang on to your code! If you lose it after all of our keys are given out, you’ll need to email us with your IP so that we can look it up for you in reverse.
– Open PvP: Engage other players in combat anywhere, anytime.
– Full loot: Carrying high-level equipment into combat means you risk losing it.
– Player-run clans: No pre-built factions. You decide who you ally with.
– City building and sieges: Build up your own towns – or raze those of your enemies.
– Full friendly fire: Make sure your fireballs hit the enemy and not your allies.
– Line of sight: Hide behind a bush to ambush your enemies – and look behind you!
– Foot steps: Every player leaves them behind – want to be a bounty hunter?
Free character development
– Fifteen class combinations: Ever played a Scythe-wielding mage?
– 80+ combat abilities: Build a lightning wall, lay explosive traps or shoot a hail of arrows.
– All equipment is player-crafted: You can tweak your gear to fit your play-style.
Good luck and have fun!