Good news, Crowfall fans, the first full campaign patch is here! Of course, this is just a test campaign; the first sanctioned campaign (which is supposed to be the “really, we mean it this time” starting line) isn’t there. But these are the first campaigns with a wind condition… look, let’s just settle on the fact that this is something less than an unambiguous win for first campaigns, judging by the fact that we all spent some time in the offices trying to figure out whether this qualifies as the “real” campaign yet. Still, patch! Patch is good, right?
Of course, most of the companies have already been packing up and heading home for the holidays, but that means that the few remaining beta studios get to enjoy a brighter spotlight. Case in point:
- Hey, did you guess Atlas would be delayed again? If so, you win… well, the satisfaction of being right. I doubt anyone would take that bet.
- Did you guess City of Titans’ Issue 0 alpha would be delayed until the new year? Maybe, but that one’s not so amusing.
- The battle royale mode of Ashes of Creation actually launched, and our own Justin took it for a spin. What did he think? We suggest you read the piece because… well, it defies a pithy summary and it’s a fun read. Go ahead.
- Camelot Unchained is working hard to clear out its quest log as we enter the final days before patch 2019 arrives in real life. Which makes sense; you don’t want old quests dragging you down in the new year.
- It felt like The Repopulation was never getting a patch, huh? But it finally happened! The patch arrived! The game is moving forward! It remains to be seen if that’s all a good thing, but it’s at least a thing!
- Last but not least, Star Citizen has raised a lot of money from investors even apart from busking amongst its fans. And Squadron 42 isn’t happening this year, which we’re sure is as much a shock as finding out that your left hand has not suddenly turned into a chainsaw.
And that’s it! We’re out. Seriously, we’re gone… until next week. You can still let us know what’s going on in your favorite betas in the comments, or let us know if something jumped test phases without us noticing. Like we do.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta (one)
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Division 2: Alpha
Dual Universe: Alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Legends of Aria: Early access
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Occupy White Walls: Early access
OrbusVR: Early access beta
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Rend: Early access
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Pre-alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Starmourn: Open beta
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight Frontiers: Closed alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access