The MOP Up: Warface meets Crysis (April 30, 2017)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we have stories and videos from Conan Exiles, Osiris, Final Fantasy XI, Ultima Online, Tree of Savior, Lineage II, Warface, Games of Glory, Elsword, Splatoon, Skyforge, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Conan Exiles: A small hotfix tackled a couple of more exploits, such as performing actions while logging your character out of the game.
- Warface: The online shooter just added a new set of outfits designed after the Crysis suits. Neat, right?
- Lineage II: The European version just released its Grand Crusade update with an epic battle, a factions interface revamp, and more.
- Tree of Savior: The team addressed some nasty little issues, like attributes being stuck at 99 minutes and connection problems to a SEA server. [Thanks Suikoden!]
- Ultima Online: Publish 97 is out loud and proud this week with its update to animal taming. While you feast on that, why not enjoy a slice of dragon lore for dessert?
- Skyforge: Investigate a “wonder drug” through May 10th and get costumes and currencies for your trouble.
- Splatoon: Apparently the last “Splatfest” global vote was secretly a method for the team to guide the story for Splatoon 2. Be careful how you vote, people!
- Final Fantasy XI: There are a crapton of events planned for the 15th anniversary adventurer campign from May 11th through the 31st.
Odds and Ends
- Esports: Does Hawaii’s remote location hurt pro teams trying to compete with the increased latency? We kind of answered our own question there.
- Jagex: The studio is partering up with some charities to help raise £150,000 in 2017 to help with mental health. [Source: press release]
Osiris: New Dawn added a pretty substantial update that included massive visual improvements, the combo melee system, the selectable Ranger class, and the mysterious mines area.
The free-to-play team shooter Games of Glory is now available in open beta on the PlayStation 4 (and PC players have had it on Steam for a while). Think this might be your bag?
A magic wardrobe and a space revamp? Elsword’s newest patch sounds pretty dang cool: