This week in MMO crowdfunding news was a surprisingly big one for the genre! First,
broke $3,000,000 in crowdfunding to date, bringing the game’s total funding to $10,000,000. Then Crowfall released a new trailer and a new Indiegogo pitch. Then Project Gorgon pulled off its Hero’s Song alpha 3 launch for core backers, and the returned to Indiegogo for another go. Endless Forest
successfully crowdfunded through Fig, unfortunately, retro mech shooter MMO Wasteland 3 after it achieved just under a sixth of its proposed funding. Back in October, developer Leendert Oomen told players that the project’s fate following a failed campaign “is still undecided.” And Antraxx canceled its Kickstarter , which canceled its Kickstarter back in March, launched on Steam. Nebula Online
Read on for more on what’s up with MMO crowdfunding this week and the roundup of all the crowdfunded MMOs we’ve got our eye on!
Project Gorgon’s Indiegogo trailer
VIDEO Recent MMO crowdfunding news
- Crowfall has a lot to cheer about this morning: ArtCraft Entertainment just announced that it has "amassed more than $3 million in crowdfunding to bring [its] flagship MMO title, Crowfall, to…
Crowfall breaks $3 million in crowdfunding
- Elder Game's Eric Heimburg and Sandra Powers have today posted a new Indiegogo campaign for the in-development alpha indie sandbox MMORPG Project Gorgon with a $20,000 flexible goal. The game…
Sandbox Project Gorgon launches Indiegogo for additional funding
- Star Citizen's Patch 2.6 is heading to the test server soon, according to this week's episode of Around the Verse. The team has also made significant progress with Star Marine (which…
Star Citizen makes progress on Patch 2.6 and Star Marine
- Mark Jacobs has lists and lists of progress being made on Camelot Unchained as the game continues its "march toward beta." In this week's newsletter, Jacobs counts off all of…
Camelot Unchained gets better visuals, runs weekend alpha test
- This week's Gloria Victis patch tweaks crafting material merchants, server performance, combat, and the interface, but the more intriguing announcement from Black Eye Games is about what it's working on…
Gloria Victis outlines animation, character, rep, and settlement plans for November
- Back in 2006, one of the strangest MMORPG-slash-screensavers ever made was released and then promptly ignored by the mainstream. The Endless Forest, "a whimsical multiplayer online magical deer fantasy," transformed players…
The Endless Forest devs seek funds for a remake
- Can an overgrown guinea pig truly be a threat on a battlefield that includes minotaurs and hulking warriors? Crowfall wants to make the case for the Guinecean Duelist, posting a new…
See Crowfall’s Guinecean Duelist in action
- It is a very good week for InXile Entertainment indeed: The indie studio raked in $3.12 million toward Wasteland 3, concluding a very successful crowdfunding campaign through the Fig platform.…
Wasteland 3 concludes wildly successful crowdfunding campaign
- EVE Online has a little bit of competition in the hardcore kitchen this month, as indie title Nebula Online launched today on iOS, Android, and PC. An Xbox One release…
Cross-platform space MMO Nebula Online has launched today
- There comes a point with any game's testing when you have to just turn on the servers and leave them on. Sure, it's nice to be able to bring them up…
Crowfall outlines its persistent world testing schedule
- Like peanut butter and chocolate, PvP and crafting seem to be two flavors that go very well together. Crowfall thinks so, at least, which is why the team is pouring…
Crowfall shows off the ins and outs of crafting
- The Exiled (the MMO-MOBA hybrid formerly known as Das Tal) is fast approaching its final alpha test, now expected to run for most of the month of December (the 1st…
The Exiled has a huge revamp in store for its final alpha next month
- Vice posted a cute piece over the weekend by Star Citizen player who explains how he used the old "one red paperclip" trick plus basic trading strategy to turn his Star…
Star Citizen backer flips pixel ships to buy an actual car
- Newly betaing AdventureQuest 3D has decided to place level-locks on some of its dungeon content, a new post on the official site declares this week. "We thought that lower level…
AQ3D level-locks epic dungeons, compensates for Halloween bug
- Hero's Song's alpha 3 kicked off yesterday as promised during its Indiegogo campaign, opening up to early backers. "We've automatically upgraded everyone who did not select a perk to the…
Smed’s Hero’s Song enters alpha 3 for backers
- First announced for Steam Greenlight back in April and debuted at this past Gamescom, Zero Gravity Games' "sandbox action multiplayer space survival game" Hellion has come a long way, even…
Take a peek at multiplayer space survival sandbox Hellion
- School is in session, and the Camelot Unchained team is here to teach you a few things about MMORPG design. In the game's most recent newsletter, City State's Ben Pielstick…
Camelot Unchained wants to ‘find the fun’ in all aspects of its design
- It's aliens. Elite Dangerous players are positively infatuated with the alien relics Frontier scatters throughout the universe. Following the launch of last week's The Guardians trailer, one player puzzled out…
Player astronavigators find new alien ruins in Elite Dangerous
- Over this past weekend, Project Gorgon dropped a patch bomb into its community, forever changing how the game will function from here on out. It's not actually all that dire,…
Project Gorgon makes major combat and gear changes, buffs Halloween event
- Good news for the shifty bluffers out there: Chronicles of Elyria has reached its $1.5 million stretch goal, which means that the team is now committed to adding gaming and…
Chronicles of Elyria reaches gambling stretch goal, eyes pet and mount customization
- Just in time for the most costume-friendly holiday of the year, Missing Worlds Media has a new video and post to show off some of City of Titans' character creation…
City of Titans puts on costumes for Halloween Hero’s Song hits alpha 3
VIDEO Campaigns and crowdfunded MMOs we’re watching
(Société des Mondes Virtuels) – 3001SQ Kickstarter unsuccessful. Work continues.
(Artix Entertainment) – Raised AdventureQuest 3D 368k; hit open beta in October.
( Antraxx Team Antraxx) – Kickstarter canceled.
( Ascent: The Space Game Fluffy Kitten Studios) – Successful KS. Fully launched 2016. (
Camelot Unchained City State) – Kickstarter successful; open donations/packages.
Caribbean Conquest (Invenio) – Kickstarter canceled (site offline).
( Contested Space Zon)
( Crowfall ArtCraft) – Kickstarter successful, open donations/packages
(Soulbound) – Chronicles of Elyria Kickstarter successful, open packages.
( Citadel of Sorcery MMO Magic, Inc.) – Open donations.
( City of Titans Missing Worlds Media) – Successful KS.
( Descent Underground Descendent Studios) – Successful KS.
Divergence Online ( Stained Glass Llama ) – Three campaigns; now in KS early access. (
Dogma: Eternal Night Prelude Games Factory): Kickstarter over, donor preorder packs.
( Dragon of Legends Thrive Games) – Successful Kickstarter.
( Dual Universe Novaquark) – Kickstarter funded.
( Eco Strange Loop Games)
(Huckleberry Games) – Edengrad Kickstarter funded; EA was slated for Sept. 2016.
( Elite: Dangerous Frontier Developments) – Funded and launched.
(Eleon) – Empyrion Online Kickstarter canceled; launched on Steam early access.
( Epic Space EpicSpace.net)
( Ever, Jane 3 Turn Productions) – Now in open beta.
( Gloria Victis Black Eye Games) – Open donations, no end date.
( Greed Monger Greed Monger) – Abandoned, multiple times now.
(Crate Entertainment) – Funded and launched. Grim Dawn
( Guns of Icarus Muse) – Funded and launched.
( Hero’s Song Pixelmage) – Kickstarter canceled; Indiegogo made $94K. Alpha.
Infinity: Battlescape ( I-Novae Studios )
( HEX HEX Entertainment) – Successful Kickstarter, now playable.
( Life is Feudal Bitbox): Indiegogo ended.
( LUX Chimera) – Kickstarter canceled.
(Archetype Studios) – Midair Kickstarter successful.
(Mizar Games) Nebula Online Kickstarter canceled; launched in November.
( Neo’s Land NeoJac Entertainment) – Open donations, no end date.
( Novus AEterno Taitale Studios)
(Hydrant Games) – Overpower Kickstarter unfunded; heading to early access.
( Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Visionary Realms) – Open donations, no end date.
( Pathfinder Online GoblinWorks) – Doom, mostly.
(Craneballs) – Successful Planet Nomads Kickstarter.
( Pixel Starships SavySoda)
( Project Gorgon Elder Game) – Kickstarted in three tries. . Indiegogo ends Dec
( Pumpkin Online Monique)
(Stephen Nichols) – Ongoing The Realm: Reawakened GoFundMe.
( The Repopulation Above & Beyond Technologies) – In middle of engine do-over.
(Darewise) – ROKH Kickstarter canceled; early access delayed to 2017.
( The Stomping Land Alex Fundora) – Abandoned.
( Sacrament Ferocity Unbound) – Kickstarter failed; Patreon ongoing.
( Shadow’s Kiss Clockwork Throne) – Ongoing Patreon.
( Shards Online Citadel Studios)
( Shroud of the Avatar Portalarium) – Successful KS. Final wipe/soft launch July 2016.
( Star Citizen Cloud Imperium) – Ongoing donations/packages.
( TUG Nerd Kingdom) – In middle of year-long revamp after funding surge.
(NeuronHaze) – Vigor Roads Kickstarter unsuccessful; early access planned for 2017. Nebula Online launches