Totally lost on the whole City of Heroes rogue server thing? Here’s a recap of all our coverage dating back to the 2019 drama:
• Mar 7 2020: City of Heroes’ Homecoming just outlawed video of their rogue servers
• Mar 3 2020: City of Heroes Homecoming players have racked up over 47 million hours
• Jan 2 2020: NCsoft follows up City of Heroes code copyright filing with fresh trademark application
• Dec 13 2019: Massively OP’s 2019 Awards: Biggest MMO Surprise
• Nov 29 2019: City of Heroes: Homecoming kicks off the winter season in its latest patch
• Oct 1 2019: City of Heroes: Homecoming patches in the third part of Issue 26 with new stories and powers
• Sep 27 2019: City of Heroes’ Homecoming announces Issue 26 Page 3, Halloween content, and collab with other rogue servers
• Sep 25 2019: City of Heroes’ Homecoming rogue servers are now blocking copyright-infringing characters
• Sep 19 2019: City of Heroes Homecoming is now banning accounts for… real-money trading
• Sep 11 2019: TonyV leaves City of Heroes NCsoft negotiations, resigns from Titan Network
• Sep 11 2019: City of Heroes: Homecoming plays with Rage crashes, PvP stuns, and Tanker powers on the test server
• Sep 9 2019: City of Heroes Homecoming asks players what they want from a licensed server
• Sep 4 2019: City of Heroes Homecoming players have rolled almost a million toons to date
• Aug 27 2019: City of Heroes Homecoming adjusts snipes and Dominator powers with the latest patch
• Aug 22 2019: Today’s City of Heroes’ Homecoming patch future-proofs the rogue servers for Mac players
• Aug 12 2019: City of Heroes’ Homecoming Team finally posted a new beta patch after months of public quiet
• Aug 8 2019: City of Heroes’ Homecoming rogue servers have joined the Titan Network/NCsoft negotiations
• Jul 8 2019: Catching up with City of Heroes’ Homecoming rogue servers as NCsoft negotiations continue
• Jun 8 2019: One of City of Heroes’ rogue servers, Reborn/Pleiades, was just shut down by its operator
• Jun 3 2019: City of Heroes: Homecoming hit 100K players as another donation round funds
• Jun 1 2019: Perfect Ten: 10 things I’d love to see added to City of Heroes in the rogue server era
• May 30 2019: City of Heroes: Homecoming adds numerical power cooldowns, nerfs Death from Below, adds User Agreement
• May 28 2019: City of Heroes: Community harassment ramps up as Homecoming counts 91,000 players
• May 22 2019: Perfect Ten: Helpful tips for returning to City of Heroes in 2019
• May 21 2019: City of Heroes: All the public servers we know of, plus Reddit’s launch and Homecoming’s name release
• May 20 2019: City of Heroes: Homecoming concurrency, Rebirth and Reddit’s i24 servers, and the future of basebuilding
• May 17 2019: City of Heroes: Homecoming’s new home, EU players, multiboxing, SEGS, and… piglets
• May 15 2019: City of Heroes rogue server teams activate i24 PTS, prep for tomorrow’s Homecoming server moves
• May 13 2019: City of Heroes community forms Round Table as Homecoming rogue servers count over 56,000 players
• May 9 2019: City of Heroes’ Homecoming servers port to Canada this weekend, server status page is live
• May 8 2019: Leaderboard: Would you donate for a City of Heroes rogue server?
• May 7 2019: City of Heroes: New servers, Discord drama, and Homecoming gets $6900 in donations in 20 minutes
• May 6 2019: City of Heroes’ Homecoming rogue servers will offer character transfers after all
• May 4 2019: City of Heroes now has a fifth rogue server live as Homecoming buffs up and work on i24 continues
• May 1 2019: City of Heroes’ rogue servers nerf AE farms, boost XP, but can’t do character transfers
• Apr 29 2019: Two weeks in, City of Heroes has four rogue servers and heartwarmingly massive queues
• Apr 26 2019: Nearly 30K people have rolled City of Heroes rogue server accounts as the game turns 15 years old
• Apr 24 2019: Aaaaand now there’s a new temporary City of Heroes rogue server up
• Apr 23 2019: The Titan Network is negotiating to open a legal community-run City of Heroes server
• Apr 22 2019: City of Heroes’ first new rogue server shut down over a fake legal threat, but admins say it’s coming back
• Apr 22 2019: Leaderboard: Do you plan to play on a City of Heroes rogue server?
• Apr 21 2019: City of Heroes’ rogue servers may abandon character restoration as 14000 gamers register to play
• Apr 19 2019: Lawful Neutral: Is it safe to play on City of Heroes’ inevitable rogue servers?
• Apr 18 2019: The City of Heroes private server team has released its code [Update: The test server is live]
• Apr 18 2019: What’s going on with City of Heroes now: ‘This game is a unicorn’
• Apr 17 2019: Massively OP Podcast Episode 217: City of Heroes after dark
• Apr 17 2019: Into the Super-Verse: The death of the City of Heroes community
• Apr 16 2019: Leaderboard: Where do you stand on the ‘secret’ City of Heroes emulator?
• Apr 15 2019: ‘Secret’ City of Heroes emulator operators address SCORE leak drama, rebut personal info database rumor
Eyebrows in the air this morning, as the largest group of City of Heroes rogue servers, Homecoming, just announced that they'll be cracking down...
You know the old adage that superheroes and statistics go together like... well, nothing? That is, unless you're a stat-themed crusader. Actuarial Man or...
Do you folks remember last summer when we learned that NCsoft had filed copyright documentation for the City of Heroes game code? The June...
Massively Overpowered’s end-of-the-year 2019 awards continue today with our award for Biggest MMO Surprise, which was awarded to the buyouts of Trion Worlds and CCP...
Now that the US has had its Thanksgiving, it's time to look forward to all of the fun in-game wintertime events the MMO gaming...
At long last, City of Heroes players who have been aching for new story content have an option for exactly that with the release of...
City of Heroes' Homecoming servers, rogue or not, are pushing forward into legitimacy. As we've been covering, the servers, which have been publicly outed...
Players on the City of Heroes Homecoming servers enjoyed a privilege they were never afforded during the game's pre-shutdown run time: While NCsoft was draconian...
If you thought you could get away with a bit of gold-selling or gold-buying on the side while participating in City of Heroes' rogue...
Over the course of the last few months, following the revelation of working City of Heroes server code out in the wild and the...
The PTS for the City of Heroes Homecoming servers is looking to tweak the knobs of the rogue MMO a bit. Yesterday's patch offered...
Now this is an interesting development, and very possibly a hint at things to come, though there's no official confirmation of legitimacy one way...
I've always said that if I could do one thing in video games - you know, besides what I already love and do -...
Just because City of Heroes' current servers are still rogue server doesn't mean their content will be locked in perpetuity. Case in point: The...
It's patch day for the largest batch of City of Heroes rogue servers, as the Homecoming team has pushed live part of the beta...
Apart from its brief announcement last week, City of Heroes' Homecoming Team has been relatively quiet the past few months. Where once the rogue...
Exactly one month ago, tangent to our interview with the Homecoming server team that's part now-flourishing City of Heroes rogue server community, we also...
It's been a while since we checked in on the flourishing City of Heroes rogue server community, but it's been busy indeed, with multiple...
Bad news for a sliver of the the City of Heroes rogue server community tonight: The Reddit-backed Reborn server known as Pleiades has apparently...
Just in time for its 100,000th player registration, the City of Heroes rogue server Homecoming team posted up a second donation-drive, raising just under...