The MOP Up: Black Desert’s Taiwan meet-and-greet (October 8, 2017)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Hellion, Hand of the Gods, Wakfu, Hyper Universe, Dark Age of Camelot, Black Desert, Dragon Project, Stardew Valley, and EVE Online, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Stardew Valley: Everyone’s favorite farming/fishing/mining/dating simulator has arrived on the Nintendo Switch.
- Hellion: The devs gave a preview of degradation, damage, and repair systems coming to this sandbox.
- Dark Age of Camelot: A small patch fixed a facing issue and some problems with the Hibernia’s Curse Campaign.
- Hyper Universe: The team hopes that this past week’s patch will make sieges “more intense.” Also, Happy Hyperween!
- Wakfu: What’s an Ouginak? We don’t know, exactly, but you’ll be able to play one in the next update!
- Hand of the Gods: It’s… the Pumpkin Patch. This is either so bad or so great that we cannot help but be in awe of the title.
- Black Desert: Pearl Abyss was on hand for Taiwan’s Oasis Festival, where the studio revealed that over 940,000 characters have been created for the sandbox.
Odds and Ends
- EVE Online: Bone up on space economics with this month’s extensive report!
“Monsters and mysteries” await in Dragon Project, a newly released mobile co-op RPG by goGame that’s available worldwide. Check out its trailer below: