The MOP Up: A marriage forged in hell (January 8, 2017)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week, we read the heartwarming story of a couple that found love in Diablo III, of all places. We’ve got that plus stories and videos from Black Desert, Lord of the Rings Online, Path of Exile, and more, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Icarus M: The developer has confirmed that Netmarble will be the global publisher of this upcoming mobile MMO.
- Tree of Life: The devs answered five community questions this week, including a call for excellent player screenshots.
- Lord of the Rings Online: The new Scholar's Hall is open for public use in Bree as part of this past week's 19.2.2 update.
- Tree of Savior: There are a lot of class balance changes coming to this ARPG, so get informed with this dev rundown of the adjustments.
Odds and Ends
- Path of Exile: Get deeper insight to the game's design and recent Breach League with this developer interview. The team also reposted eight of its game trailers as a walk down memory lane.
- Diablo III: Even in Hell, you can find love. Don't believe us? Read this lovey-dovey story of two players who met and married thanks to Diablo III.
- SMITE: Players can now link their Hi-Rez and Twitch accounts to unlock rewards. Here's how you do it.
- Dota 2: A player took it upon himself to compile a massive list of over 200 bugs found in the latest build of the game. Get on that already, Valve!
- Black Desert: A Tawaiianese server is coming online this month -- and it won't have any IP restrictions, just in case you were interested.
- Hearthstone: The game's director said that the fear of harassment from the community has held some of the dev team back from being more public and communicative. Still, we might be hearing more from these folks soon.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: A rebellion in the Professional eSports Association has resulted in the league being suspended indefinitely.
Check out the new Scholar Hall that LOTRO created for player lectures and seminars:
Catch up with Escape From Tarkov's development with this 2016 report from the team: