The MOP Up: Overwatch gives smurfing a pass (April 16, 2017)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we have stories and videos from Heroes Evolved, Dungeon Fighter 2, Splatoon 2, Overwatch, Heroes and Generals, Aion, Neverwinter, Elsword, Guild Wars 2, CS:GO, and MU Online, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Splatoon 2: This sequel, due out in July, will feature a four-player coop mode. Now all you have to do is make three friends by then!
- Dungeon Fighter 2: A sequel to the popular Dungeon Fighter Online is reportedly in the works by Nexon.
- Heroes Evolved: Looking for a new mobile MOBA? Heroes Evolved has launched globally for both iOS and Android.
- Mu Online: The Season 12 Part 1 update is going live on April 25th with a new map, Nixie’s Lake. On that day, the game will also open up an additional server, Vanaheim.
- Neverwinter: To help players navigate the game’s Cloaked Ascendency update, the community manager posted a trio of tips for all.
- Heroes and Generals: Newbies are getting a leg up with the new Basic Training update. Also, free vouchers for all!
- Aion: Enjoy a 100% XP boost for Easter until April 19th!
Odds and Ends
- Counter-Strike GO: Lots of news about this online shooter, including word of its launch in China, its move to the Source 2 engine, and its development of a new operation for this summer.
- Overwatch: Smurfing, the act of skilled players creating a new account to trounce lowbies and boast about it, has been declared a non-issue by Blizzard.
- Webzen: The MMO developer has opened up a new Japanese subsidiary, Webzen Japan, to focus on mobile games.
Elsword Online just had a patch. It was full of patchy goodness. And in case you don’t want to read the patchy notes, you can watch the patchy video instead.
There’s a boatload of lore with Guild Wars 2’s new raid, so check out this video and make sure to read Tina’s column expanding upon it even further!