Update: It’s up, go go go!Guild Wars 2’s Path of Fire expansion will be on public display this very weekend — likely starting early this afternoon, if past patches and tweets are any guide. ArenaNet has previously said we’ll be playing only the first chunk of the storyline and tripping to the Crystal Desert, where we can explore the Crystal Oasis map and test out the mount system with the raptor.
As a reminder, anyone can play this weekend, even if you’ve never purchased the base game (which has since gone free-to-play) or the Heart of Thorns expansion (which is not and will not be free-to-play), and yes, even if you have not yet preordered Path of Fire. That makes this weekend the perfect opportunity to decide whether it’s something you want to buy or skip. Are you giving it a go?
Leaderboard: Will you be trying Guild Wars 2 for free this weekend?
- I currently play GW2 and will play the preview weekend too. (44%, 285 Votes)
- I currently play GW2 but will not play the preview weekend. (10%, 65 Votes)
- I used to play GW2 and will return to play the preview weekend. (20%, 129 Votes)
- I used to play GW2 but will not return to play the preview weekend. (21%, 136 Votes)
- I have never played GW2 but will play the preview weekend. (1%, 6 Votes)
- I have never played GW2 and will not play the preview weekend either. (2%, 14 Votes)
- No response / elf butts / view results (3%, 17 Votes)
Total Voters: 652
— Guild Wars 2 (@GuildWars2) August 11, 2017
Get caught up with our expansion coverage since the formal announcement: