The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Wakfu, Fortnite, Astroneer, Old School RuneScape, Overwatch, Pokemon Go, Lineage 2 Revolution, PUBG, Defiance, Battlerite, and Path of Exile, all waiting for you after the break!
- Lineage 2 Revolution: The January 23rd update will increase the level cap to 180 and add the Territory of Giran.
- Old School RuneScape: Tons of Fossil Island improvements came with the January 18th patch.
- Wakfu: This game is testing out its new PvP battlefields and has a few special rewards for those who participate!
- Defiance: The winners have been chosen in the game’s holiday login to win sweepstakes.
Odds and Ends
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds: This kill was so hilariously awesome that the devs felt that they had to tweet it.
- Pokemon Go: The community Silph Road just uploaded a whole bunch of fixes and improvements to its app.
- E-sports: Registering for and playing e-sports professionally in the Philippines just got a lot more difficult.
- Overwatch: Toyota signed up as a launch partner for the Overwatch League and will be showing off its cars at the Blizzard Arena. [Source: Press release]
- Industry: Crunch is bad. Here is another reason why. [Thanks DK!]
- Fortnite: Epic launched another lawsuit against six individuals who allegedly created cheats for the game.
Astroneer improves the lighting and adds more to the research system in Patch 0.5.1:
Battlerite’s Patch 1.3 astounded all with the addition of Zander, the Manificent Magician:
Check out over two hours of questions and answers with Path of Exile Managing Director Chris Wilson: