If you ever walked into a forest glade at the light of the first full moon of the year, you may spy an impish fae dancing among the moonbeams and singing to all of the woodland creatures that come out for the annual concert. And if you ever tune in to Battle Bards — in particular, this episode — you may hear a rare recording of fairy music along with very serious discussion involving (a) aerial kung-fu, (b) the taste of fairy wings, and (c) didgeridoos. You are so not prepared for any of this.
Battle Bards is a the world’s first, best, and only MMO music podcast. Biweekly episodes alternate between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Listen to Episode 164: Away with the fairies (or download it) now:
Episode 164 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Kelethin” from EverQuest II, “All’s Fairy in Love and War” from RuneScape, and “Fairytale” from EverQuest)
- “A Fairy of Peace” from Aion
- “Fairy Academy” from MapleStory
- “Fairy Tale Out of Time” from Allods Online
- “Fae Forest” from Project Gorgon
- “Fae Wilds” from Trove
- “The Fairy Valley” from Luna Online
- “Pixie Beast Tribe” from FFXIV
- Which one did we like most?
- Listener note from Katriana and Caroline
- Jukebox Picks: “The Cause” from Elemental Gearbolt, “Beach Bunny” from Jazz Jackrabbit, and “The Crystal Shards” from Kirby 64
- Outro (feat. “Fairy in the Grove” from Lineage 2)