Seeking a simpler and more quaint life? Then come on down to the farm with the Battle Bards, as the video game music crew looks at pastoral themes from MMORPGs! From stereotypical-sounding tracks to enchanting discoveries, this episode is all about tilling the fields, living off the land, and loving the music that floats above it all.
Battle Bards is a the world’s first, best, and only MMO music podcast. Biweekly episodes alternate between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Listen to Episode 173: Down on the farm (or download it) now:
Episode 173 show notes
- Intro (“Pig Ranch” from Blade & Soul, “Farm” from Free Realms, and “Cool Ranch” from Pirate101)
- “A Farmer’s Life” from WildStar
- “Settlement” from ArcheAge
- “Farm” from Lime Odyssey
- “Charmin’ Farmin’” from RuneScape
- “Human Farm” from Forsaken World
- “Farm” from Dragon Nest
- “Shanghai Farm” from MapleStory
- Which one did we like best?
- Jukebox picks: “Happy to You” from Age of Empires III, “Before the Reckoning” from Last Oasis, and “Snowy Sky” from SaGa Scarlet Grace
- Outro (feat. “Quiet Countryside” from Project Gorgon)