The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Atlantica Online, War of Rights, Dungeon Fighter Online, Pokemon Go, Crossout, Battlerite, EverQuest, ARK Park, Reign of Guilds, Orbus VR, Avabel Online, and Overwatch, all waiting for you after the break!
- OrbusVR: A server-side patch also enabled the new market stall leases. And what about this other patch that added a journal tab! And… and what about a preview of the Shard dungeons? Pretty nifty, that.
- Crossout: This post-apocalyptic game is beefing up its PvE content with a new raid system that offers multiple stages and a deeper story.
- Atlantica Online: The March 29th update added the Hall of Chaos dungeon, Abyssal armor, and the playable Ninetails mercenary.
- Overwatch: The 2018 Overwatch World Cup starts qualifications this month and will culminate in a Top 8 tournament this November.
- Avabel Online: A short-duration event is taking place until April 4th that involves players taking down a Colossal Titan. [Source: Press release]
- Pokemon Go: Community Day is coming on April 15th — will you be there?
Odds and Ends
- EverQuest: The Phinigel progression server just unlocked the Prophecy of Ro expansion.
- Battlerite: Update 1.5 introduced Ulric, a paladin champion, as well as Bakko’s Egg Brawl as a replacement for the duel system.
War of Rights is up to 101 updates now, but the battlefield can hold considerably more than that:
Dungeon Fighter Online has some new Demonic Lancer classes — the Dragoon and Impaler — for you to enjoy! [Thanks Colton]
Will ARK Park make your dreams come true? The devs think so:
Give Reign of Guilds’ main theme a listen and let us know what you think!