The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we have stories and videos from Pokemon Go, Splatoon 2, Blade and Soul, Dragon’s Dogma Online, Closers Online, Overwatch, Vindictus, Mu Online, Wurm Online, Astellia Online, Dofus Pets, Hellion, SMITE, StarCraft, Aion, Final Fantasy XI, and League of Legends, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Hellion: Melee combat was added in the newest testing build, so grab your crowbar and get whacking!
- Splatoon 2: Nintendo revealed its largest info drop for this multiplayer title, with a world premiere demo coming on July 15th.
- SMITE: Patch 4.12: Divine Light brought some new god skins and skill changes to the game.
- Blade and Soul: The new Gunner class is now available to play… on Chinese servers.
- Final Fantasy XI: There are new “nostalgia-themed” objectives for players to pursue that will be in the game through May 2018. Also, you’ll want to take advantage of this July’s login campaign!
- Aion: Loot boosts and a Kumuki event should keep players busy this summer! Next update? August 9th.
- Mu Online: Sign up to join the crowd running the 20,000% XP speed event server season 2!
- Pokemon Go: A massive real world event will take place on July 22nd and 23rd in the UK city of Chester.
Odds and Ends
- StarCraft: The Anthology version won’t be getting the new matchmaking after all that the new Remastered version will.
- Vindictus: The team is compensating players for some recent issues it had on the EU servers.
There’s some weird crossover event going on between Dragon’s Dogma Online and Attack on Titan. Crossovers are geek catnip.
Closers Online is adding its second male character on the Korean servers, Wolfgang Schneider. That’s like the most German name ever created.
Here’s what’s going on in the headspace of an Overwatch Hanzo main:
The Wurm Online/Ultima Online crossover project continues as Occlo is recreated in 3-D:
Go on a dungeon run in the upcoming Astellia Online:
Dofus Pets. It’s a mobile app thing. It also interacts with Dofus and Wakfu, because why not?
League of Legends has just overhauled its honor system. See what’s going on with this in the following video: