The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Record of Lodoss War Online, Age of Wushu, Fortnite, EVE Online, ARMS, Path of Exile, Dark and Light, and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Dark and Light: The studio’s fireside chat confirmed that the Xbox One version is still happening, discussed the holiday update, and hinted at future content.
- ARMS: Nintendo confirmed that Update 5.0 is the very last this game is ever going to get.
- Orbus VR: A new patch helped reduce cutscene crashes, updates graphics, and improves a dozen or so other issues.
- Age of Wushu: A sixth anniversary patch in China introduced a “hidden” faction translated as the God Arms Camp.
- Record of Lodoss War Online: A huge update increased the level cap to 120, added a 40-player raid, and introduced the mercenary system. [Source: press release]
Odds and Ends
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds: A majority of the cheats impacting the game apparently are from China. Also, apparently Microsoft pretty much ripped off some fan art for a (now-pulled) ad.
- Path of Exile: Enjoy some War for the Atlas concept art!
- Multiverse: A “2.0” version of this online platform looks to be making a comeback and is in development. As a refresher, read the long, sad saga of the platform that could have given us Buffy and Firefly MMOs. [Thanks Jeremiah!]
- EVE Online: Buy a multi-month sub, get free multiple character training for that period.
- Fortnite: The devs confirmed an issue that saw inventory and currency disappearing from players. The issue has been resolved.