The MOP Up: Old School RuneScape puts the finishing touches on Theater of Blood (May 20, 2018)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Hellion, Reign of Guilds, Skyforge, Old School RuneScape, War of Rights, Lineage M, Heroes and Generals, Aurcus Online, ARK Park, Dark and Light, Wild Terra, Citadel: Forged With Fire, and Hearthstone, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Dark and Light: The promised development kit has seen some delays — but don’t worry, it’s still on the way!
- Lineage M: A global version of this popular mobile MMO is currently under development and includes an HD facelift.
- Hearthstone: Blizzard made some game adjustments earlier this month in response to negative feedback about Hearthstone’s imbalance. Also, a cosplay contest!
- Citadel: Forged With Fire: The latest patch was concerned with tracking down a so-called “decay bug.” Sounds nasty.
- Aurcus Online: The May update for this fantasy MMO includes a new scanario, level cap increase to 100, and 12 additional job skills.
- Heroes and Generals: The game’s latest patch added land mines and a new anti-cheat system.
- War of Rights: Sharper graphics and a graveyard fight are part of the Civil War shooter’s newest update.
- Skyforge: A small patch introduced holiday challenges. Now for a holiday!
- Hellion: May 17th’s patch brought out a new starter ship, the Steropes.
- Reign of Guilds: The studio is hosting a contest to define the school of Steel Masters.
Odds and Ends
- Wild Terra: On the game’s anniversary, the team released a huge infographic to show off all of the numbers of testing. Apparently around 3,696 players were trying it out in the past month.
- Ark Park: The studio released a survey to see what players like and don’t like about this VR title.
- Jagex: The RuneScape developer raised £225,000 for mental health charities in the UK. Good on them and the community!
- Old School RuneScape: The curtains are about to go up on the Theater of Blood, but you can get a preview of it before its June 7th release!
- Tencent: Big profits, big plans from this Chinese mobile publisher.
- Netease: On the other hand, Netease had a down first quarter, with online game net revenue slipping to $1.4 billion.