In MMORPGs across the world, days are beginning and days are ending — and with them come the catharsis of the sunrise and sunset. The Battle Bards draw together in this special stillness to discuss some of the in-game tracks devoted to these moments. So from sunrise to sunset, here are the melodic moods that accompany our journeys online.
Battle Bards is a biweekly podcast that alternates between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Episode 142 show notes
- Intro (feat. “The Flag at Dusk” from Blade & Soul, “The Warming Sunrise” from Star Wars Galaxies, and “A Horizon in the Sunset” from Rappelz)
- “Sunrise” from RuneScape
- “Weeping Sunrise” from Runes of Magic
- “Dawn Gleams on Cyrodil” from Elder Scrolls Online
- “Sunrise” from Worlds Adrift
- “Crimson Sunset” from Final Fantasy XIV
- “Eternal Sunset” from TERA
- “Sunset Ridge” from City of Heroes
- Which one did we like best?
- Listener mail from Scott, Nogamara, Zinn, YD Wes, Phubarrh (listen)
- Jukebox picks: “Main Theme” from The Secret of Monkey Island, “Day of the Bright Sun” from My Time at Portia, and
- Outro (feat. “Dusk Song of High Elves” from Elder Scrolls Online)