Is blue a color? An emotion? A song? An overused alien skin tone? One thing is for certain: Blue shows up an awful lot in MMORPG soundtracks, which is why the Battle Bards have mined their music libraries for the bluest of blue tunes to share. Will they come to a conclusion as to what “blue” means? And will Steff ever let go of a grudge? Probably never, but it’ll be a fun listen even so!
Battle Bards is a the world’s first, best, and only MMO music podcast. Biweekly episodes alternate between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Episode 156 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Blue Dots” from Anarchy Online, “Limitless Blue” from FFXIV, and “Engage Blue” from Stargate Worlds)
- “Sapphire Basin” from Blade and Soul
- “The Tune of the Azure Light” from MapleStory
- “Synthquest Blue” from Star Citizen
- “Legend of the Blue Horizon” from WildStar
- “Blue Coral Dark” from Lime Odyssey
- “Blue Kojin Tribe” from Final Fantasy XIV
- “Cobalt Deep” from Vanguard
- Which one did we like most?
- Listener notes: Zinn and Zoward
- Jukebox Picks: “Brazil (Atomic Era)” Civilization VI, “Main Theme” from Old Man’s Journey, and “Interred Glory” from Bloodstained
- Outro (feat. “Blue Giant” from Elite Dangerous)
- Stinger: Battle Bards’ t-shirt store