When the world of private and illegal emulators comes crashing down upon the heads of thousands of gamers, how will they ever express their anguish? Bree and Justin sift through the emotional wreckage of the Nostalrius shutdown during this week’s show, tackling once again the topic of emulators and their place and purpose in the MMO industry.
It’s the Massively OP Podcast, an action-packed hour of news, tales, opinions, and gamer emails! And remember, if you’d like to send in your own letter to the show, use the “Tips” button in the top-right corner of the site to do so.
- 00:00 – Intro
- 02:06 – Adventures in MMOs: Guild Wars 2, The Secret World, World of Warcraft
- 11:20 – News: Blizzard cracks down on popular private World of Warcraft server
- 24:43 – News: En Masse hit by layoffs
- 27:05 – News: Black Desert is doing quite well so far
- 30:41 – News: Chapter 13 for SWTOR is coming in early May
- 34:54 – News: DDO still struggles with tech woes
- 41:47 – Mailbag: Keeping Kickstarter people happy
- 48:08 – Mailbag: Tabula Rasa leftovers
- 55:01 – Outro
- Download Episode 60
- Podcast theme: “Legends of Azeroth” from World of Warcraft
- Your show hosts: Bree and Justin
- Listen to Massively OP Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, TuneIn, and Pocket Casts
- Follow Massively Overpowered: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Twitch
- If you’re having problems seeing or using the web player, please check your flashblock or scriptblock setting.